- Dr. Loken Singh, MLA Sagolband Assembly Constituency has announced to contribute Rs. 50,000/- for the HIV/AIDS programmes in his constituency.
- Shri E. Kunjeswore, MLA Yaiskul Assembly Constituency and Deputy Chairman of Manipur State Planning Board has said that he would pursue the government to allot Rupees one crore for HIV/AIDS prevention and control programme in Manipur. He has also committed to spend 2% of his Local Area Development Fund for HIV/AIDS issues in his area.
- Shri Radhabinod Koijam, MLA Thangmeiband Assembly Constituency and Senior Opposition leader has sworn to support those infected and affected by HIV/AIDS in his constituency.
- Shri O. Joy Singh, Opposition Leader and MLA Langthabal Assembly Constituency has announced that he would provide financial aide to PLHAs in his constituency.
- Shri Md. Hellaludin Khan, MLA Lilong Assembly Constituency has promised to give Rs. 5,000/- annually to the families affected by HIV/AIDS in his constituency.
Manipur State Legislators forum on AIDS – achievements.
A series of political conventions with involvement of elected representatives of the state have been organized in Manipur since January 2008 under the aegis of Manipur State Legislative Forum on AIDS (MLFA). With the support of UNAIDS and in line with the Parliamentary Forum on AIDS, the State legislative Forum on AIDS was established on 30th June 2007. Dr. S. Budhichandra Singh, Speaker of Manipur Legislative Assembly and Dr. I. Ibohalbi Singh, MLA are the Chairman and Secretary of the Forum respectively.
The members of the MLFA visited the AIDS patients in community care centres of “Best Practice Sites” in Imphal & Churchandpur on 22nd & 24th November, 2007.
The MLFA joined the observance of World AIDS Day under the theme “Stop AIDS-Keep the Promise- Leadership” on 1st December 2007 with a mass rally on the streets of Imphal.
The MLFA in collaboration with the Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Department of Manipur organized a One Day Convention on HIV/AIDS for the Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) on 29th December, 2007 at Imphal. The Chief Minister of Manipur, Shri Okram Ibobi Singh was the Chief Guest, Dr. S. Budhichandra Singh, Speaker was the President and Md.Allaudin Khan, Minister for RD & PR was the Guest of Honour.
As a follow-up action, the Manipur State Panchayat Forum on HIV/AIDS was formed on the 16th Jan, 2008 with 14 members with the President of Manipur State Panchayat Parishad as it’s Chairman.
During the last few weeks, the MLFA could organize 9 (nine) political conventions at different places. They are: